Kenkey with Red Fish
- Brand: African foods
Kenkey is a traditional Ghanaian dish made from fermented white corn. Pour the cornmeal and the cornstarch into a large bowl. Add warm water and stir until a smooth dough is obtained Kenkey is usually served with shito, diced or ground red and/or green pepper, and fish.
Here are some of the health benefits of the cornmeal:
1. Kenkey is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, B vitamins like pantothenic acid, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, and folates.
2. Kenkey is made up of complex carbohydrates, low protein, low fat and high fiber content.
3. The meal is rich in phosphorus, manganese, zinc, calcium, magnesium, selenium and iron.
4. Kenkey also has antioxidants and phytochemicals like lutein, zeaxanthin, anthocyanin, caffeic acid, vanillic acid, protocatechuic acid, syringic acid, beta-carotene, coumaric acid, ferulic acid etc.
5. Kenkey has an impressive combination of antioxidants and phytochemicals which helps to protect the body from oxidative stress or the ravages of free radicals. These, in turn, protect the body from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
6. Kenkey also helps to decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and lower blood pressure.
7. Some of the antioxidants in Kenkey help in eye health.
8. Eating Kenkey helps in digestion because of its high level of fiber which aids in digestion and regulates blood sugar. It also protects one from constipation and hemorrhoids.
9. Eating Kenkey helps combat fat by reducing blood cholesterol levels.
10. Kenkey supports digestive and immune system while contributing beneficially to the intestine and overall health.
Legal Grocery Disclaimer
Product packaging and material may contain more and/or different information from the website, including the product description, country of origin, nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other information. ZIPPGROCERY does not represent or warrant that the nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other product information on our Website or Mobile sites are accurate or complete, since this information comes from the product manufacturers. Always read labels, warnings, and directions and other information provided with the product before using or consuming a product. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Any additional pictures are suggested servings only.
There are no inquiries yet.